Hey Brisbane! Here’s everything you poke a tooth pick at at Mould.
WELCOME CURD NERDS!
If you were looking for an excuse to eat more cheese, then a ticket to Mould: A Cheese festival is a great start. From New South Wales to Tasmania, the country’s best cheese makers are ready to share their bounty of hand made fromage. You’ll find an eclectic mix of beverage producer stands too, all of which match damn well with cheese.
Mould isn’t only about devouring as much cheese as possible, we’re also here to hear from the producers about the stories and their farms as we appreciate the hard work that it takes to create this creamy-deliciousness. So be sure to check out some of the cheese chats throughout the sessions.
Below is all the things outside of cheese that you’ll be able to check out on the day.
But if you’re looking for the full cheese list, click the link below!
DAIRY AUSTRALIA CHEESE CHECK
To help you keep your cheesy purchases fresh, Dairy Australia is giving away free cooler bags when you purchase cheese! Hands full? There’s no need to carry your cooler bag around the festival with you when you take advantage of our Cheese Check facilities. It is just like a coat check, but refrigerated to preserve your “purcheeses”!
Proudly sponsored by Dairy Australia.
MOULD CHEESECAST LIVE!
These intimate and casual 30 minute conversations, are your opportunity to hear from the makers, growers, farmers and families who just happen to make the best cheese in Australia. Hosted by MOULD Festival Co-Founder, Dan Sims, these will be a greta whey (ahem) to hear the inside word from the makers themselves.
The best part about these chats? They’re FREE!! These will be popular, and socially distanced seating, so arrive early. Yes, there is also standing room.
Or, if you’re really about getting your CURD NERD on, check out all the episodes of our MOULD CHEESE PODCAST, available where all good podcasts are found.
- 6.00pm: Nick Haddow – Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co. (Tasmania)
- 7.00pm: Kym Masters – Section 28 Cheese (Adelaide Hills, SA)
- 12.30pm: Andy Jackman, Red Cow Organic (Tasmania)
- 1.30pm: Nicole Gilliver, Grandvewe (Tasmania)
- 5.30pm: Melissa Leesong, Coal River Farm (Tasmania)
- 6.30pm: Mahlah Grey, The Pines(Kiama,NSW)
- 12.30pm: Nick Haddow, Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co.(Tasmania)
- 1.30pm: Cameron Rowan, Milawa Cheese (Victoria)
REFRESHER: WHAT WE’RE DRINKING
When it comes to cheese tasting, what you are drinking is as important as what you’re eating. Thank goodness the room is filled with cheese-friendly beverages from Archie Rose Distilling Co., Campbell Burton Wines, Black Market Sake, Bruny Island Beer Co., Hartshorn Distillery and Maidenii Vermouth.
BRUNY ISLAND BEER CO.
Bruny Island Beer Co. started from a conversation between cheesemaker Nick Haddow and brewer Evan Hunter, who shared enthusiasm for fermentation and regionally distinctive produce. Their approach to brewing is simple – brew slow beer by hand in small batches.
- Farm Ale $10
- Cloudy Bay IPA $11
Locals beer legends know a thing or two about a damn fine lager. They were with us at our sister event, Pinot Palooza, in 2019 and we fell in love with them. We’re stoked to have their beers at the event.
- Crisp Lager
- Natural Ale
Hartshorn Distillery is THE Tasmanian micro distillery making boutique batches of Vodka and Gin from sheep’s whey from our favourite Grandvewe Cheese. They are the first in the world to create this incredible style of vodka and have been huge crowd favourites at MOULD cheese event.
They even won Champion Vodka of Australia at the World Vodka Awards 2017 in London.
Oh, and they make a mighty fine cocktail!
- Martini (Gin or vodka or smoked Peat) Fresh rose petal garnish – $15
- Gin/Vodka and Soda/Tonic (fresh rose petal garnish)- $10
- Hibiscus Sour (Layered Hybiscus tea and lemon juice with our vodka) (Fresh rose petal garnish) – $15
BOTTLES TO PURCHASE
- Sheep Whey Vodka – $90
- Sheep Whey Gin – $100
- Sheep Whey Peat – $100
- Vanilla Whey liqueur – $40
Umm, cocktail in a single serve can??? They had us at Espresso Martini.
We’re big fans of Curatif and they’re amazing single serve cocktails that are ready to go with simple can shake.
Cos after all that cheese, we’re going to need a little cocktail something!
- Jacoby’s Mai Tai $15
- Pineapple Daiquiri $15
- Negroni $17
- Espresso Martini $17
OH, YES WE CAN WINE BAR!
For those familiar with our sister event, PINOT PALOOZA, you may have seen it’s little pivot to a virtual tasting late last year where they put 12 amazing wines into 150ml cans.
The result and response was incredible and so much so, we thought we’d share it with you in Brisbane including two of the most popular Pinot Noirs at the event; Garagiste (Mornington Peninsula, Vic) and Ghost Rock (Tasmania)
These wines have been specially done for the event in easy, 150ml single serve cans.
Oh yes, we can!
PS. Keep and eye out for more upcoming Pinot Palooza virtual and LIVE events this year!
PPS: YES, that wine glass in the photo is what you’ll receive on entry!
- Rock Box ‘by Valentine Wines’ Pinot Grigio, Yarra Valley, Vic $10
- Côtier by Garagiste ‘Tipple’ Pinot Gris blend, 2020, Mornington Peninsula, Vic $10
- Rock Box ‘by Valentine Wines’ Pinot Noir Rosé, Yarra Valley, Vic $10
- Garagiste “Le Stagierie’ Pinot Noir, 2020, Mornington Peninsula, Vic – $12
- Ghost Rock ‘SuperNatural’ Pinot Noir, 2020, Tasmania – $12
- Rock Box ‘by Valentine Wines’ Sangiovese, Yarra Valley, Vic – $10
RE-FUEL: WHAT WE’RE EATING
We hate to admit it but one cannot live off cheese alone. Make your way over to CHARRED for a bite off their menu.
- Crumbed mac and cheese topped with shaved raclette
- Tajima Wagyu Philly cheesesteak roll with caramelised onion jam
- Caesar Salad
- Spiced broadband, pea and potato vege burger, tomato relish, lettuce
- Charred tasting plate – Tajima wagyu Philly cheesesteak, crumbed mac and cheese, fries
- Loaded Fries – smoked bacon, Gooralie pork belly, bechamel cheese sauce